SANAA: Saudi-led coalition air strikes on a marketplace and house in rebel-held northern Yemen have left at least 14 people dead, witnesses and a rebel-run news agency said yesterday.
An eyewitness in the northern province of Saada told AFP that 12 people had been killed in strikes on the marketplace on Wednesday evening, including women. The rebel-run news agency Saba gave the same toll and accused the coalition of using cluster bombs in that attack in Kataf city.
In the Baqim district of Saada province, two people were killed in a Saudi-led air strike on a house, another witness said.
Saba gave the same toll and said that separate strikes on a house near the Saudi border had left another two people dead although there was no independent confirmation.
Saada is a stronghold of the Houthis who continue to hold large swathes of territory in the north including the capital Sanaa. —AFP