By Shakil Paracha
KARACHI: The government of Sindh has prepared a review petition against Supreme Court’s ruling of launching an anti-encroachment operation in Karachi.
The provincial government will file its review petition against the ongoing anti-encroachment drive in the city on December 6 (tomorrow), sources said.
The Sindh Cabinet in its meeting on December 1st, had approved a proposal to file a review petition against the ruling of the apex court.
The shopkeepers affected in the ongoing anti-encroachment operation will be provided alternate sources for livelihood and a comprehensive plan has been devised for it, the government sources said.
In the first phase 4000 affected people will be provided alternate place for their shops.
Sindh government’s Adviser on Information Murtaza Wahab while responding to PTI’s criticism over the anti-encroachment drive in Karachi, called the party as ‘a bundle of contradictions’.
Provincial adviser said the government will provide alternate sources to people who have become jobless and shelter-less.
He said the provincial government had already directed the city’s Mayor about the anti-encroachment operation.