Trump says he is considering restoring some funding to WHO, no decision made

0
9

WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump said yesterday his administration was considering numerous proposals about the World Health Organization, including one in which Washington would pay about 10% of its former level. In a posting on Twitter, Trump underscored that no final decision had been made and that U.S. funding for the global health agency remained frozen. Trump suspended U.S. contributions to the WHO on April 14, accusing it of promoting China’s “disinformation” about the coronavirus outbreak and saying his administration would launch a review of the organization. WHO officials denied the claims and China has insisted it was transparent and open. Cciting a draft letter, reported late on Friday that Trump was poised to restore partial funding to the WHO, matching China’s assessed contribution. —Agencies

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here